Our endoscopy suite
Our purpose built and state-of-the-art Endoscopy Suite sits adjacent to our first class outpatient consulting rooms which allow one stop consultation and diagnostic tests if required. As well as being equipped with leading edge endoscopy equipment we also have superb diagnostic support services, Digital X-ray, the very latest Toshiba Aquilion ONE Genesis Edition CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI and ultrasound as well as a fully CPA accredited pathology service.
Our endoscopy equipment
Olympus EVIS LUCERA SPECTRUM SYSTEM
- Lifelike detail of high resolution high definition television images with auto fluorence and narrow band imaging (NBI). A system expected to dramatically enhance the effectiveness of examination and diagnosis in endoscopy.
- NBI depicts distribution of blood vessels in the superficial layer of mucosa
- AFI for fluorescence observation discerning the subtle differences in mucosal structure.
- HDTV ensures the quality of the original images captured by the scope.
All scopes are compatible with the new system and all will benefit from NBI.
Scopeguide Position Detecting Unit
Shows real time 3D image of colonoscope inside the patient.
Detection and removal of loops with minimum patient discomfort.
The latest Unisoft software incorporating the GRS tool with interface for hospital wide PACS viewing system.
The ERBE system incorporating an argon plasma module.
Our endoscopy suite features
- Environment which emphasizes privacy and confidentiality.
- Eight recovery bays and two procedure rooms.
- Procedures performed are
- colonoscopies, upper GI tract endoscopies, bronchoscopies and minor procedures under local anaesthetic or sedation.
- Simplified registration check-in procedures, private interviewing and changing facilities and a comfortable recovery room enhancing patient experience.
- Latest endoscopic technology providing high definition image capture, including DVD recordings and still photography of procedures undertaken.
- An integrated reporting and audit system supports all our endoscopy investigations ensuring the highest standards of care and safety.
To ask a question about a virtual colonoscopy or to book an appointment, contact our specialist team available Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm and on Saturday from 9am – 1pm.
Our gastrointestinal specialists team have a dedicated and caring approach and will seek to find you the earliest appointment possible with the correct specialist for your needs.
As this procedure is lead by a Consultant you don’t need a referral from your GP. You can simply refer yourself and book an appointment. Please note we do not accept GP referrals. If you have medical insurance (e.g. Bupa, Axa PPP, Aviva), you will need to contact your insurer for authorisation for any treatment and, in most cases, you will require a referral letter from your GP. If you do not have a GP, then we have an in-house private GP practice that you can use. Alternatively we can suggest the most appropriate course of action for you to take, given your location and individual circumstance.
Call us on 020 7078 3802 or email us at email@example.com