London Hernia is the UK’s leading specialist hernia clinic. Our team of expert hernia Consultants offer same day appointments and first class care in our state of the art facilities in St John’s Wood, just minutes from central London.
Hernia consultations, treatment and surgery are performed by our experienced Consultant Surgeons along side a dedicated nursing team. The team offer unrivalled experience in treating hernias, including complex cases.
London Hernia treats most hernia types, including:
- Hiatus – occurs when the upper part of your stomach pushes up through your diaphragm and into your chest region.
- Inguinal – the most common and accounts for 70% of all hernias occurrences. Inguinal hernias occur through the inguinal canal, an area where the testicle comes through on its way to the scrotum during the development of males.
- Umbilical – occurs in the middle of the navel, with the inside of the navel sticking out.
- Femoral – occurs in the groin with approximately 70% of femoral hernias occurring in women. Often there are few symptoms which cause this type to be ‘dangerous’, as often the first sign of symptoms may be through strangulation.
- Incisional – occurs when tissue pokes through a surgical wound in your abdomen that has not fully healed. It is estimated that at many as 15% of abdominal operations lead to an incisional hernia.
- Spigelian – is a less common hernia in the abdominal wall, slightly to the side of the upper abdomen. They are repaired in the same way as the majority of hernias with tension-free mesh reinforcement.
- Epigastric – similar to an umbilical hernia, it develops in a similar way except that it occurs in-between the breast and belly button area.
London Hernia is part of the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, one of the UK’s leading private hospitals – with an international reputation stretching back over 160 years. We offer expert treatment, using the latest repair techniques including open mesh repair, keyhole surgery (laparoscopic) and stitching.
Contact us today to by calling 020 3370 1014 or email email@example.com