We are proud to be the London’s first private hospital to install the next generation of MRI scanners, the 3 Tesla (3T). With greatly improved quality of images and dramatically shorter scanning times, the Siemens Magnetom Skyra 3T provides the gold standard in MRI imaging.
The department is staffed by State Registered Radiographers and Consultant Radiologists and operates in accordance with guidelines produced by the Royal College of Radiologists and College of Radiographers. Experienced Receptionists, Medical Secretaries and Health Care Assistants complete the team delivering care within the Imaging Department.
The department is equipped and staffed to provide the following service:
- General Radiography – A full range of plain film skeletal radiography using low dose digital radiography.
- Breast Imaging – Full field Digital Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Fine needle aspiration and Breast biopsy, Breast MRI.
- Digital Fluoroscopy – Barium Studies, GU Tract, Pain Management Procedures, Percutaneous Vertebroplasty.
- Interventional Procedures – Biopsy, Aspiration, Drain insertion and pain management procedure under X-ray, Ultrasound or CT Control.
- Ultrasound Scanning – Routine abdominal and pelvic scans, transrectal prostate scanning, transvaginal pelvic scanning, musculoskeletal scanning, ultrasound guided biopsy, ultrasound pain management/ joint injections.
- Non-invasive Vascular Assessment (Ultrasound) – Venous and arterial assessment of the Arms and Legs, Carotid Vessels and Aorta using colour doppler ultrasound.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – 3 Tesla and 1.5 Tesla Magnet scanners for a wide range of examinations including, joint imaging, neuro and spinal imaging, breast imaging, abdominal and pelvic imaging.
- Multislice Spiral Computerised Tomography (CT Scanning) – 320 slice “volume” scanner with a wide range of applications including, Dental Assessment, Virtual Colonoscopy, CT Angiography, Specialist Cardiac Investigation including Calcium Scoring and Cardiac CT Angiography, CT Urography.
The department uses a fully integrated digital PACS viewing system. This allows consultants to instantly view investigations in their consulting room or at any terminal in the hospital.
Patients with a Request Form or letter of referral wishing to make an appointment should call us on: Tel – 020 7806 4030; Fax – 020 7806 4002 or email us at: email@example.com
We offer a walk-in service for plain x-ray examinations and can offer same day appointments for routine ultrasound scans. Appointments for CT, MRI and other complex examinations will be offered for the first available appointment.
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00pm