The Gastrointestinal Unit [GI Unit] at the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth is based in our modern Brampton House Outpatient Consulting Rooms.
The GI Unit has a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, specialist radiologists and support staff who have access to:
- A purpose built Endoscopy Suite adjacent to the consulting rooms, equipped with cutting-edge endoscopy equipment
- State-of-the-art Digital X-ray, CT, MRI & Ultrasound
- Fully CPA accredited pathology services
The GI Unit’s integrated approach to patient care ensures a smooth and efficient referral pathway to allow ease of access and quick appointments with the most appropriate clinician for the condition.
The combined expertise of the team covers the whole range of upper and lower GI conditions, together with biliary diseases, through to a number of Specialist Clinics.
Specialist Clinic & Services
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Rectal Bleeding Clinics
- Intra-gastric Balloons
- Direct Access Colonoscopy
- One-Stop Dyspepsia Clinics
- One-Stop Flexi-Sigmoidoscopy Clinic
- Open Access Gastroscopy
- 256-Slice CT Scanning / Virtual Colonoscopy
- 3 Tesla and 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanners