The Cardiac Unit at the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth prides itself on offering the very highest quality service to patients using the latest techniques and technology, and is supported by some of the country’s leading Cardiologists.
Hospital visits can be stressful and with our relaxed and comfortable surroundings, we recognise the importance of putting our patients at ease. Our team of Cardiologists and Cardiac Physiologists achieve this with a calm caring approach, with unparalleled levels of patient care.
We offer a wide range of non-invasive diagnostic cardiac testing with all tests reported by a Consultant Cardiologist. Same day appointments are often available and we aim to offer a 24 hour turn around for reports.
- 12 Lead resting ECG
- Resting Transthoric Echocardiogram
- Echocardiogram with Bubble Study
- Exercise Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- Exercise Tolerance Test/Exercise Stress ECG
- Cardio-pulmonary Exercise Test (CPEX/CPET)
Patient Ambulatory Monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Ambulatory Holter Monitoring
- Single Channel Patch Monitoring (up to 14 days)
- Event Recording
Implantable Device Check-ups
- Pacemaker check-up
- Implantable Defibrillator check-up
- Clinical Director of Cardiology: Dr Roby Rakhit
- Head of Department: Michael Peche
- Chief Cardiac Physiologist: Marinda Swanepoel
- Chief Cardiac Physiologist: Genna Panchani
- Chief Cardiac Physiologist: Jozanne Botes
The Unit offers an open door service for patients referred for a resting ECG. However, patients and clinicians are encouraged to book appointments wherever possible to prevent any delays.
All investigations are undertaken by highly qualified Cardiac Physiologists and, unless specifically requested, will be reported by a Consultant Cardiologist.