Following the governments release of guidance for employers on how to keep employees working safely during COVID-19, St John and St Elizabeth Hospital have developed our own pledge on how we continue to keep our staff, and patients, protected through the pandemic.
The pledge focuses on the five main areas identified in the government guidance:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
Keeping our staff and patients safe has been our primary concern over the course of the pandemic and we have achieved this through our commitment to infection prevention control, and a culture of care and compassion.
This pledge sets out not just how we protect the staff on-site, but also those working at home to help limit the spread of the virus.
We aim to follow all of the government guidelines and continuously review and amend our policies and process to reflect the changing needs of the situation we find ourselves in. This means that our staff and patients can be confident that they are coming into a safe environment whenever they visit St John & St Elizabeth Hospital.
Click here to view our Pledge.