Have you ever thought about a rewarding career in palliative care?
Our Hospice, a registered independent charity, provides a range of specialist palliative care to over 3,000 terminally ill patients and family members every year. As well as our 18-bedded inpatient unit, we provide day services, community specialist palliative care, hospice@Home, a lymphoedema service and run our own ambulance service.
Our ambition is to give every adult with a life-limiting illness in our diverse community access to the highest quality palliative care in the setting of their choice. Our staff are at the heart of the care we provide, and we are now looking to expand our fantastic nursing team and invite those interested in finding out more to come visit us.
Open to nurses from all levels of experience- including newly qualified nurses – St John’s Hospice is holding an open day on Wednesday 7th February from 1pm – 4pm. Come along and learn about what a career in palliative care looks like from our exceptional nursing team.
The event will include;
- A tour round our extensive services
- A free training update session on palliative care, including most up-to-date practice
- Information on the our dedicated education and training programmes for our nurses, including our preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
- An overview of St John’s Hospice – including support available, how we fundraise and the unique history of the hospice
- Information on what a nursing career in palliative care at our Hospice looks like
- Complimentary refreshments
You will also have the opportunity to apply and interview to join our organisation on the day. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, to contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
To book your place on this fantastic event, please email Carli Cartwright at email@example.com, or call 020 7078 3873.