- We ask that if you do encounter any problems, however small, you tell us. We are continually striving to improve our service and care, and your comments and feedback will help us to do this.
- If possible, please tell us of your concerns while you are in the Hospital. Each clinical department and ward has a manager. Please ask to speak to them directly – they are always happy to help or
- Write to the Hospital’s Chief Nurse or email us at: email@example.com.
Mr Andrew Gallini
Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth
60 Grove End Road
A copy of the Hospital’s complaints procedure is available on request.
What happens next?
- If your complaint is verbal, we try to respond immediately or at least within 24 hours.
- If your complaint is in writing, the chief nurse will acknowledge receipt within 2 working days. It may sometimes be possible to answer the complaint within this initial response.
- We register the complaint onto our Datix complaints database, alert any members of staff involved and commence our investigation.
- After investigation into the complaint, you will normally be sent a full reply within 20 working days with a full explanation of the results and any details of any action taken as consequence. It can take time to establish the facts and circumstances. If this is likely to take longer than 20 working days the chief nurse will advise you of this.
- We meet with any staff concerned and take any remedial action as might be appropriate.
We are a member of the Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS) and abide by its Code of Practice. If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your complaint after receiving a full response you can contact ISCAS.
Independant Sector Complaints Adjudication Service
70 Fleet Street
Telephone: 0207 536 6091
If you are unhappy about how the complaint is being handled, you may also complain directly to the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Please note that the CQC do not handle complaints. The contact details are below.
Care Quality Commission
103-105 Bunhill Row
Telephone: 020 7448 9200
Fax: 020 7448 9222
Fax: 020 7448 9222