Dr Koutroumanos is a leading Ophthalmologist and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon. He has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric eyelid, tear duct and eye socket surgery and a reputation for his patient-oriented, personalised and natural rehabilitation in both aesthetic and functional surgery.
He graduated from Newcastle Medical School and undertook his Ophthalmic Residency at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Following extensive general Ophthalmology practice there with a focus in Eyelid and Cataract Surgery, he was appointed as an Oculoplastics Fellow at Moorfields.
He subsequently completed a Senior Clinical Fellowship in Oculoplastics at the Royal Free Hospital before moving to Canada to undertake the world-renowned Oculoplastics Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver with further training in New York City and San Francisco. For this, he was awarded both the prestigious Keeler Scholarship and the HCA International Scholarship.
Nick has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive, Lacrimal and Orbital Surgery and runs a large NHS practice and an International Fellowship Programme at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
He receives daily referrals from other Ophthalmologists and Plastic Surgeons for patients of all ages with eyelid, tear-duct, eye socket conditions and dry and watery eye concern.
• Functional and Aesthetic Eyelid Surgery
• Blepharoplasty (eye bag removal)
• Droopy or out/in-turning eyelids (Ectropion/Entropion)
• Surgical and Non-Surgical Periocular Rejuvenation
• Eyelid & Eye-socket cancer & trauma reconstruction
• Cataract Surgery
• Dry & Watery Eye
• Adult & Paediatric Endoscopic Tear Duct Surgery
• Medical & surgical management of Thyroid Eye Disease
• Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
• Member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
• Member of the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
• Registered with the General Medical Council
• Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
• Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons