Respiratory function tests are an important tool in the diagnosis of lung disorders. The service provides the specialist with the information to prescribe optimal treatment and to assess its effectiveness.
The service is an outpatient based service, all investigations are carried out by highly qualified Respiratory Physiologists and reported by a Consultant in Thoracic Medicine.
Our Respiratory Unit is well equipped and able to offer an extensive range of Respiratory investigations including:
A fully developed and well established sleep screening and sleep apnoea service is available; this includes assessment and treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea using CPAP.
- Clinical Director of the Respiratory Department – Professor Margaret Johnson
- Respiratory Physicians – Professor Margaret Johnson, Professor Howard Branley, Dr Dan Ornadel, Dr Amit Patel
- Sleep Specialists – Professor Howard Branley, Dr Dan Ornadel, Dr Amit Patel
- Head of Department – Peter Price
- Senior Respiratory Physiologist – Su Hepenstall
Please note as of August 30th 2016 the Respiratory Department has moved into its brand new facility located on the 1st floor of the main Hospital building.