The Imaging Department is situated on the ground floor of the Hospital with easy access from the Main Entrance and Outpatient Department. All of equipment uses state-of-the-art digital technology ensuring we offer our patients the best in modern imaging.
We are proud to have been be the London’s first private Hospital to install the very latest in CT scanning technology, the Toshiba Acquilion One Genesis Edition CT scanner. This coming only a year after we were the first to install the next generation of MRI scanners, the 3 Tesla (3T).
Our department is staffed by State Registered Radiographers and Consultant Radiologists and operates in accordance with guidelines produced by the Royal College of Radiologists and College of Radiographers. Experienced Receptionists, Medical Secretaries and Health Care Assistants complete the team delivering care within the Imaging Department.
The department is equipped and staffed to provide the following service:
- General Radiography – A full range of plain film skeletal radiography using low dose digital radiography.
- Breast Imaging – Full field Digital Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Fine needle aspiration and Breast biopsy, Breast MRI.
- Digital Fluoroscopy – Barium Studies, GU Tract, Pain Management Procedures, Percutaneous Vertebroplasty.
- Interventional Procedures – Biopsy, Aspiration, Drain insertion and pain management procedure under X-ray, Ultrasound or CT Control.
- Ultrasound Scanning – Routine abdominal and pelvic scans, transrectal prostate scanning, transvaginal pelvic scanning, musculoskeletal scanning, ultrasound guided biopsy, ultrasound pain management/ joint injections.
- Non-invasive Vascular Assessment (Ultrasound) – Venous and arterial assessment of the Arms and Legs, Carotid Vessels and Aorta using colour doppler ultrasound.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – 3 Tesla and 1.5 Tesla Magnet scanners for a wide range of examinations including, joint imaging, neuro and spinal imaging, breast imaging, abdominal and pelvic imaging.
- Multislice Spiral Computerised Tomography (CT Scanning) – 256 slice iCT scanner with a wide range of applications including, Virtual Colonoscopy, CT Angiography, Specialist Cardiac Investigation including Calcium Scoring and Cardiac CT Angiography, CT Urography.
The department uses a fully integrated digital PACS viewing system. This allows Consultants to instantly view investigations in their consulting room or at any terminal in the hospital.
Patient Preparation Instructions
Specific preparation instruction for each investigation or procedure will be given when booking the appointment.