Our Counselling Services can be tailored to meet the needs of each patient. In most cases a one-to-one consultation or several focussed sessions are all that is required. Our experienced and qualified counsellors specialise in individual as well as family counselling during difficult times. Counselling can help patients assess their options and find new ways forward.
What Can Counselling Offer?
Counselling can be useful for individuals, couples and families. It can support people experiencing a wide range of situations such as:
- Receiving bad news and adjusting to a new diagnosis
- Preparing for major surgery
- Finding new ways of looking at long-term or intractable problems
- Coping with irreversible or chronic medical conditions
- Dealing with the impact of illness on the whole family
- Couple and family problems
- Infertility and pregnancy issues
- Terminal illness and bereavement
- Assessing situations and finding appropriate sources of practical help and support