The Cardiac Unit at the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth prides itself on offering the very highest quality service to patients using the latest techniques and technology, and is supported by some of the country’s leading Cardiologists.
Hospital visits can be stressful and with our relaxed and comfortable surroundings, we recognise the importance of putting our patients at ease. Our team of Cardiologists and Cardiac Physiologists achieve this with a calm caring approach, with unparalleled levels of patient care.
We offer a wide range of non-invasive diagnostic cardiac testing with all tests reported by a Consultant Cardiologist. Same day appointments are often available and we aim to offer a 24 hour turn around for reports.
- 12 Lead resting ECG
- Exercise ECG
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test (CPX)
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hour—7day ambulatory Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker checks
- Implantable Defibrillator checks
- Event monitoring
- DC Cardioversion (requires admission)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography
- Echocardiography with Bubble Study
- Head of Department – Peter Price firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Chief Cardiac Physiologist – Marinda Swanepoel
- Senior Chief Cardiac Physiologist – Genna Panchani
- Senior Cardiac Physiologist – Jozanne Botes
The Unit offers an open door service for patients referred for a resting ECG. However, patients and clinicians are encouraged to book appointments wherever possible to prevent any delays.
All investigations are undertaken by highly qualified Cardiac Physiologists and, unless specifically requested, will be reported by a Consultant Cardiologist.