Instant hip appointments available
24th February 2017
London Hip Specialists offers same day, rapid access treatment for all hip conditions, we ensure that hip surgery is not debilitating and aim to get our patients back walking the same day as their operation.
Patients have access to a dedicated service. We have a reputation for excellent standards of hip surgery and expertise, supported by first-class nursing and physiotherapists specialising in hip conditions.
Based at the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth, London Hip Specialists offer full expert diagnosis, intervention and aftercare. Our unit is supported by state-of-the-art operating theatres, physiotherapy, X-ray, ultrasound, CT and MRI scanning.
What conditions do London Hip Specialists treat?
- Bursitis – when the hip becomes inflamed, restricting the natural movement of that joint until the friction between the tendons and the bursa causes more irritation resulting in inflammation.
- Fractures – we offer an emergency service for the older person with a likely hip fracture following a fall.
- Arthritis – there are many different forms of hip arthritis that can cause a wide range of symptoms, the most common are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Replacement – a hip replacement is a common surgical procedure where a damaged hip joint is replaced with an artificial one.
- Muscle strains – muscle strains occur when a muscle fibre has been stretched or torn, generally due to muscle fatigue, over stretching or a contusion (a fall or a direct blow).
- Tendonitis – this can occur when a muscle is overused and pulls on the tendon that attaches it to the bone.
The unit is overseen by one of the top Consultant Orthopaedic Hip Surgeons in the UK, Mr Robert Marston. It also combines extensively experienced hip surgeons, Mr Nimal Maruthainar, Mr James Youngman and Mr Nicholas Garlick.