Founded in 1856, the Hospital is one of the country’s largest independent charity Hospitals and the UK’s premier Catholic Hospital. We pride ourselves on the quality of our care, our range of services and the quality of our consultants and staff, who we believe to be the very best in their profession.
Although we provide acute private healthcare services, our charitable status is based on the fact that we utilise surplus funds to run St John’s Hospice, located within the grounds of the Hospital. This inpatient, day care and community facility provides care, without charge, to people living within our wide catchment area.
Both the Hospital and the Hospice take great pride in their heritage, and especially in the Catholic ethos upon on which they were founded which assures patients of a commitment to care and compassion in the delivery of their healthcare. The aim of both institutions is the same now as it was over 150 years ago — to provide the highest quality health care for all those who seek it.
Field Marshal the Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank, GCB LVO OBE DL,
– The Hospital Chairman